National Institutes of Health (NIH)
NIH is a medical research agency that is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Suntiva has supported various Institutes of the NIH since 2006.
Suntiva has performed the following in support of NIH:
- Provided Executive Coaching to a dozen senior leaders within the Clinical Center
- Contributed to the Clinical Center winning the 2nd annual Prism Award from the International Coaching Federation (ICF) DC’s chapter in 2010, which recognizes organizations that have made the greatest commitment to coaching and organizational development initiatives as a strategy for significant business results.
- Conducted an Organizational Assessment of the Office of Purchasing and Contracting (OPC) – completing document reviews, conducting OPC staff and stakeholder interviews and focus groups. The assessment reviewed the leadership, strategy, organizational structure and workload, technology and infrastructure, processes, Human Capital and succession plans, relationships and team effectiveness and made recommendations that would have immediate positive impacts and also longer term options to absorb and sustain change.
- Directed an assessment of the Administrative Office designed to maintain and build upon record of excellent customer service, maintain and increase employee satisfaction, assess the AO’s workload (through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and benchmarking against other NIH ICs), and pinpoint skills or development areas required to meet customer expectations. Suntiva identified opportunities for improving internal processes and recommended changes to the current organizational structure.
- Discussing career development for the Radiology Department’s scientific and physician staff within the current federal budget environment. Develop and gain alignment around Department-wide performance measures. Engaging staff in interactive discussions regarding managing change within the organization.
- Supported strategic planning training for the Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education leadership team.