Suntiva, based in Falls Church, VA, is an award-winning management consulting firm that leaders trust to provide specialized and cross-functional domain expertise in the delivery of low-risk solutions and lasting results. We combine broad expertise in the areas of federal acquisition and procurement, IT strategy and governance, program management, and organizational performance with a deep knowledge of human behavior and doctoral-level psychology. With hundreds of successful customer engagements and a 100% track record in project delivery, we offer the flexibility and responsiveness of a small business, along with the reach and strength of a much larger business.
Suntiva is seeking an experienced IT Consultant to join our team in Northern Virginia. The right candidate is a hands-on, self-starter who is able to multi-task, plan, test, and execute system upgrades, diagnose and resolve complex database and application-related problems in a fast-paced environment. The IT Consultant is also responsible for both functional and technical support for the client’s implementation of the Standard Procurement System (SPS). Duties include support for 5,000+ procurement professionals, design and implementation of training materials, ad hoc over-the-shoulder user assistance, technical system monitoring, and database administration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide support for of a major defense client’s acquisition program, to include:
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Monitoring performance and managing RDBMS parameters
- Refining the physical architectural design to meet system storage requirements;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS and applications;
- Writing database documentation and standard operating procedures;
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- BA/BS degree in Business, IT, or a related field is required;
- In depth knowledge of Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) RDBMS
- Basic understanding of UNIX commands and utilities
- Candidate must be able to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification within 30 days of hire;
- In depth functional and technical knowledge of the Standard Procurement System (SPS/PD2), and its underlying components is desired;
- Experience in using Standard Procurement System (SPS/PD2) is desired
- Ability to successfully complete a U.S. Government background check
Suntiva is a values-oriented, flexible, and results-focused company. We understand and stress the importance of a flexible (relatively virtual) work schedule. Suntiva has an excellent compensation and benefits package, to include multiple medical plan options, as well as dental and vision programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and an employer-matched 401(K) retirement plan.
For Further Consideration:
If you are a candidate in the open market and meet the qualifications listed above, please forward your current resumes, along with salary requirements to: Careers@suntiva.com